Записаться на бесплатный вводный урок
General knowledge questions and answers will help you explore and understand the world around you — animals, places, food and drinks, countries, people, languages, traffic rules etc. Take such quizzes regularly to be smart and witty. Our General knowledge questions and answers can be discussed with children, which is a good way to educate and entertain them.
1. Which of these countries does not have a coast line?
a) France b) Italy c) Switzerland
2. Which desert can be found in Morocco?
a) Gobi b) Kalahari c) Sahara
3. What is the name of the highest mountain in Japan?
a) Mount Fuji b) Mount Okuhotaka c) Mount Kita
4. How tall is the Eiffel Tower?
a) 234 m b) 324 m c) 423 m
5. The Great Barrier Reef is off the coast of which country?
a) Australia b) New Zealand c) Samoa
6. Match the airport codes to the cities:
HKG, SYD, JFK, LHR, KUL, CHI
a) London b) Hong Kong c) Kuala Lumpur d) Sydney e) Chicago f) New York
7. In which Spanish city would you find a cathedral designed by Antoni Gaudi?
8. Where is the Parthenon?
9. Is St Paul’s Cathedral in Paris or London?
10. The Vatican City is an independent State situated in which Italian city?
11. Which countries are the Pyrenees situated?
12. What is the Spanish word for «hello»?
a) bonjour b) hola c) hallo
13. What are the two main languages of Canada?
a) English and French b) German and French c) Spanish and English
14. What is the second most spoken language in the world?
a) Chinese b) English c) Spanish
15. What is the main language of Morocco?
a) French b) Arabic c) Spanish
16. What is the Greek word for «cheers»?
a) yamas b) kalimera c) efharisto
17. What is the currency of Argentina?
a) peso b) pesata c) pound
18. Speed limits vary worldwide. However, there’s a country where auto bans have no speed limit. It doesn’t matter how fast a person drives, he or she will not be arrested or fined. What country is it?
19. What is the legal driving age in New Zealand, the USA, the UK, Canada, and the Far East?
20. Dim sum is the name given to small dishes of food from:
a) China b) New Zealand c) India
Visit www.autumnchildrensbooks.co.uk for more general knowledge questions and answers in English.